Finlay Watchorn :: Fixed Price Conveyancing :: Buying
Telephone us if you are quoted a better rate
Buying: $1,600.00* (inc GST & all disbursements except Govt charges payable at settlement)
GOVERNMENT CHARGES PAYABLE AT SETTLEMENT (GST Free)
- Recorder of Titles - Transfer Registration Fee $212.22
- State Revenue Office -
PLEASE NOTE stamp duty is calculated either on the Contract price of the property or the Government Valuation for the property in the event that the contract price is less than 85% of the Government Valuation and the Contract was not negotiated by a real estate agent
*Where we are also acting for the seller in the same transaction a $50 discount will apply
If the value of the property exceeds $1.6 million please contact us to discuss a specific fees estimate
INCLUDED SERVICES, SEARCH FEES AND OUT-OF-POCKETS
For our fixed price we will:
- check a Contract ready for signature prepared by a solicitor or real estate agent (using standard Law Society wording); attend on you briefly in person or by telephone for your individual requirements and provide our pro forma written advice and wording for any standard extra clauses;
- undertake and report on standard conveyancing enquiries, searches and requisitions;
- provide a financier with copies of Contract, Transfer and Priority Notice;
- check vendor figures, obtain undertakings, prepare Settlement Statement, and attend settlement;
- complete, stamp and register the Transfer (where the property is not being mortgaged).
Our fixed price also includes any incurred search fees on a single Title Search, Land Tax Search and Rates Certificate, Council s337 Certificate, Wayleaves Search, Water Search, PPSR Search and the filing fee on a Priority Notice
We ask our purchaser clients to pay $375 before we commence our searches. If this is not possible, there will be an extra fee to cover the GST payable on those searches that would otherwise be GST free.
PLEASE NOTE that our fixed price does not cover
- Land Stability, Bankruptcy or Heritage searches as they are either not strictly necessary or we have found their results to be inconclusive;
- the extra costs that apply if the property title is a general law title (a bundle of title documents, not a single Certificate);
- contract negotiations and work normally undertaken by a real estate agent obtaining a signed contract;
- completing loan or security documents or other work normally undertaken by a financier or broker; nor
- extended pre-contract advice (other than our standard written advice) nor any pre-contract searches
If any of these services are required, they will be charged at our normal hourly rate.
We do render accounts for the work actually done when a contract is cancelled although it is not our practice to render any account to purchaser clients where only minimal work has been undertaken and the contract is cancelled because:
- finance cannot be obtained when the property does not come up to valuation;
- the building inspection shows a significant building defect the existence of which could not have been foreshadowed on initial inspection ; or
- an existing property cannot be sold despite active marketing for the full period specified in the Contract.
All fees quoted on this page are a guide only and can change at any time in response to market conditions. In accordance with the Legal Profession Act 2007, an estimate of actual costs in a given matter is provided upon receipt of instructions.
PLEASE TELEPHONE US IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUERIES OR NEED SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN OUR FIXED PRICE FEE